About the Role
You will be working alongside the owner of Seattle Dive Company as a commercial SCUBA diver in the Seattle metro area. The majority of dives will focus on ship’s husbandry, race wipes, salvage and recovery, and houseboat maintenance. You will be working below surface of water, using dive gear to inspect, repair, remove, or install equipment on yachts and floating homes. May use a variety of power and hand tools, such as impact wrenches, hammers, drills etc. Will act as a tender when needed.
Check and maintain diving equipment such as masks, air tanks, harnesses and gauges.
Repair ships, install anodes, perform hull wipes,
Inspect, ships, piers, and underwater pipes.
Install pilings repairs to piers.
Install, inspect, clean, and repair piping and valves.
Salvage wrecked vessels.
Take appropriate safety precautions, such as monitoring dive lengths and depths, and keep regular dive logs.
Be able to operate a motor vehicle
Professionally interface with clients
May be required to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs for short periods of time and walk on steep or uneven terrain.
Skills & Qualifications
• Must be SCUBA certified
• A plus if you have commercial dive certification from US Dive School, or equivalent training from military dive program
• Must be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certifications and dive physical
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Previous construction experience is preferred
• Full-time, hourly. Scheduling will vary from four tens, or five eights, as needed.
• Paid time off
• Signing bonus
• Regular raises